WUCF is Central Florida’s PBS television and FM Jazz stations in Orlando. We are Central Florida's Storyteller, encouraging curiosity and learning through compelling content and community engagement, serving 4 million households across the nine-county Central Florida area.
WUCF is seeking a Senior Producer. The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter with a proven editorial and journalism background, a strong commitment to fair and ethical journalism, and a keen interest in Central Florida’s news agenda. The Senior Producer will make high quality visual content for WUCF’s NewsNight program across multiple platforms that complements our in-depth discussions. We are seeking a person who is comfortable with all aspects of electronic news gathering on deadline. This includes developing story ideas and sources, leading field shoots, and writing concise and compelling copy. This position may require on-air duties.
We believe that attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to be Central Florida’s storytellers. As we continuously work to build a culture of belonging at WUCF; we encourage Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and multigenerational talents are highly encouraged to apply.
· Research and pitch stories that align with content strategies and goals.
· Shoot and edit video with provided equipment for broadcast and digital platforms.
· Write and edit balanced and accurate scripts under deadline.
· Book panelists for in-studio discussions.
· Support studio production of NewsNight and, on occasion, other programs.
· Represent WUCF at station events and partner activities.
· Commitment to produce WUCF content through a lens of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven journalism experience, a thorough understanding of unbiased reporting and experience filming and editing
- Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects experience preferred
- Multi-camera and single camera film-style directing
- Bilingual – Spanish
$48,722 – Negotiable (commensurate with experience).
- As a PBS-affiliated public media station, you will be able to participate in professional associations with other public media organizations across the nation.
- Professional Development support and opportunities at WUCF.
- As a University of Central Florida department and employer, UCF offers competitive benefits package with many options, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement options, paid leave, employee assistance program, and tuition waiver.
- Paid Personal Leave Days (Additional Days Off) granted only by action of the President of the university.
- The university’s effort to become more inclusive and diverse through several initiatives.
- UCF School of Performing Arts: Discounted Tickets
- UCF Technology Product Center Discounts
- Employee Discount Program (Pegasus Perks) The University of Central Florida provides employees with an elite collection of local and national discounts from thousands of hotels, restaurants, movie theaters, retailers, florists, theme parks, national attractions, concerts, and events through Abenity
WUCF DEB&I STATEMENT:
At WUCF diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are driving forces behind our mission to be Central Florida’s Storyteller. We strive to be a leader and innovator in telling stories that drive positive change within our community and the world. Our viewers & listeners speak numerous languages, go by different pronouns, and have unique identities. That's why we view diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as mission critical. Together, we have the power to foster a united and inclusive Central Florida community.
Interested candidates should apply directly to the University website, as we are a university licensee.
Please proceed to the UCF Careers Site and apply: https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/501468/senior-producer