WUGA FM, the NPR affiliate operated by the University of Georgia in a partnership with Georgia Public Broadcasting, seeks a full-time Radio Operations/Production Director. This incumbent supports the station’s staff to deliver consistent station and program operations throughout the day, across broadcast and digital platforms. The Operations Director collaborates closely with content, engineering, and business staff to deliver high quality, reliable programming to our listeners.
- Manage national and local program subscriptions and downloads via Content Depot, PRX, FTP, web, and other delivery methods.
- Work closely with the program director and traffic manager to implement program changes, adjustments, and substitutions in automation.
- Manage production and playback of daily and weekly promos for national and local content.
- Develop and maintain instructional and procedural documentation for operational systems and maintenance logs for those systems.
- Coordinate with program director to hire, schedule, and evaluate part-time staff and student interns. Maintain weekly board operator/announcer schedule.
- Respond to operational impairments and outages on an on-call basis.
- Ensure backup and maintenance of operational files and databases as well as our content archive.
- Work with program director and engineering to make sure that WUGA’s programming conforms to FCC rules and regulations, NPR guidelines, and station policies.
- Voice work and hosting as needed, either live, pre-recorded, or voice tracked.
- Maintain accurate reports of discrepancies and impairments and appropriate follow-through communication.
- Manage SoundExchange and other rights reporting.
Experience with computers, networking, radio automation systems, and digital audio editing.
- Experience with Adobe Audition, and Content Depot is preferred.
- Familiarity with public radio “sound” and style.
- Knowledge of FCC regulations.
- Deep familiarity with radio broadcasting processes and procedures.
- Experience as a live host, preferably in a public radio setting
Send Application Materials To:
General Manager WUGA FM