WUWM 89.7 – Milwaukee’s NPR, a department of UW-Milwaukee and an NPR member station, offers an exciting and creative work environment. WUWM looks for dedicated people who are ready for a challenge.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for all aspects of WUWM’s broadcast, production and technical operations and also supervises the Engineering Department to ensure the highest possible quality of continuous broadcast. This position manages budgets and capital expenditures, oversees equipment planning, purchasing, and system integration. This position reports to WUWM Content Manager.
Duties include -
-Designated as WUWM’s “Chief Engineer”.
-Manage Engineering maintenance, operations and production support teams
-Plan, organize, manage and prioritize multiple projects, schedules and timelines.
-Oversee equipment planning, purchasing and maintenance.
-Respond to technical emergencies and urgent issues on a 24/7/365 basis
-Prepare and oversee annual department budgets
The incumbent is responsible for maintenance and repair of sound mixing boards and as such may be required to lift up to 60 pounds in support of this responsibility. Additionally, as proper instillation and repair of color-coded wired and cables is critical to the success of this position, the incumbent must be able to recognize and discern colors.
Within the next ten years, WUWM will likely relocate. This position will likely be involved in designing new broadcast facilities.
Minimum Qualifications -
- A Bachelor’s Degree by the start date of employment.
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience in radio engineering
- Experience with maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing broadcast transmitters and studio equipment.
- Experience with broadcast automation systems.
Preferred Qualifications -
-SBE Certified in Broadcast Network Technology
-SBE Certified Broadcast Engineer
- Successful completion of Society of -Broadcast Engineers RF Safety Course
- Experience with supporting or administrating IT computer systems and networks.
- Experience with AudioVault automation system.
- Experience with managing other professional staff members
Applicants will be expected to provide:
• A cover letter providing specific information on how the previous experience of the candidate matches the job duties.
• Three (3) references to include name and contact information uploaded as “other document 1”
This is a continuous recruitment. The initial review date is July 2, 2021, applications received after July 1, 2021, may not receive consideration.
APPLY AT -