The Digital Editor at WUWM will work closely with our managing editor, reporters and producers to create and edit multimedia content for our website, social media and other platforms.
• Edit WUWM’s digital content.
• Write digital-first stories.
• Build out WUWM News, Lake Effect and digital-first stories for our website incorporating visuals and other elements.
• Pitch digital story ideas to editors at WUWM and NPR.
• Pull NPR, AP and other stories to WUWM.COM.
• Work closely with on-air staff to enhance their digital pieces.
• Manage WUWM’s social media accounts – including strategy, and writing and sharing posts.
• Serve as a digital advocate at the station.
• Comply with WUWM’s ethical and journalistic standards.
• Participate in station outreach activities.
• Perform other activities as assigned.
The incumbent will be expected to be available to work weekdays, evenings and some weekends as needed.
Minimum Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 year or more of experience in digital news production
• Knowledge of AP style and SEO best practices
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Familiar with web publishing platforms, all facets of online content production.
• Demonstrates ability to create and edit photos, video and graphics.
• Must be able to multitask on deadline, communicate across departments
• Previous experience in public radio.
• 3+ years of experience in digital news production
Interested candidates should submit a resume, a list of three professional references with contact information, and salary history (Uploaded as “Other Document 1”). Also, please include a cover letter that addresses the candidate’s professional level work experience as it relates to all required and preferred qualifications.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether she/he meets any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
This is a continuous recruitment. Review of applications will begin on January 28, 2021. Applications received after January 27, 2021 may not receive consideration.
Apply at :