Journalists at WUWM identify, report, edit and produce a wide range of stories for all WUWM programs and digital platforms. The Von Fellowship is designed to give recently graduated students the opportunity to work in a professional news environment, preparing stories for broadcast and digital platforms.
Specific duties include:
- Research, gather, write, edit and produce stories and interviews for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Respond to, and report on, other news stories as assigned.
- Participate in station activities including fund drives and community events.
- A bachelor’s degree by date of hire or within the last three years of date of hire.
· Demonstrated non-professional interest or experience in journalism (such as in a college environment or via internships).
· Demonstrated ability to produce in-depth news reports and interviews for broadcast.
· Able to use broadcast digital recording and editing equipment
Apply at: http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/30199
Applicants will be expected to provide:
· A cover letter explaining a.) how you meet all of the required qualifications; b.) which preferred requirements you meet; c.) why you are the ideal candidate and, d.) why you are interested in this job.
· A resume
· Samples of your previous work in the field of journalism (i.e., audio or video from school sponsored internships) OR other audio that demonstrates your announcing style. (Links of audio/video samples can be included in your application materials or files can be emailed to Ann Piatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
· Names and contact information for three references (OPTIONAL: Letters of recommendation from faculty members or previous employer may be combined into one document) uploaded to “Other Document 1".
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate’s application materials whether she/he meets any of the qualifications, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
This is a continuous recruitment. Review of applications will begin on October 8, 2020. Applications not received by October 7, 2020 may not receive consideration.