WXPR Public Radio is seeking creative, meticulous, and adventurous candidates for the position of Membership Director. The Membership Director will provide strategic leadership and planning to develop and implement procedures and practices that will successfully seek and increase individual gifts and awareness of WXPR. This will be done through best practices including but not limited to direct contact solicitations, membership drives, direct mail, on-air campaigns social media marketing and more. The ideal candidate is passionate about the mission and value of public media. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and collaborative self-starter with superior communication and interpersonal skills. This is a full-time exempt position.
WXPR is an independent, community-licensed public radio station founded in 1983 and operated by White Pine Community Broadcasting, Inc. From studios in downtown Rhinelander, Wisconsin, WXPR can be heard in northern and central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Scores of volunteer on-air hosts produce and deliver 70 hours of unique music programming per week. In addition, WXPR is an NPR affiliate that airs national news and produces its own local news. WXPR aims to inform, entertain and engage the community with music and information.
- Develop and manage strategies that bring in additional members, move members up in donation level, and show steady increase in membership donations
- Ensure member communications are timely and professional
- Manage member database software by ensuring accuracy and regular maintenance of membership database, as well as end of month reporting, thank you correspondence, accounts payable, and bank deposits in cooperation with the Finance Director and as required by financial auditors
- Set annual membership goals and monthly income projections
- Plan and manage three to four membership drives per year
- Follow best practices and new trends in membership drives
- Oversee design and production of WXPR’s marketing materials including newsletters, banners, posters, program guides, thank you gifts and other materials
- Maintain and update the station website www.WXPR.org and social media accounts
- Work with other staff members and board members to produce fundraising and promotional events
- Cohost pledge drive programs
- All other duties as apparent or as assigned by general manager
- Education or experience in fundraising
- Public radio listener
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive, professional, and friendly relationships with community members and partners
- Strong computer database and design skills-knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently on complex communication tasks
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A high degree of confidentiality
- Highly organized and self-motivated team player who is professional, creative, and takes ownership of responsibilities
- Paid Holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- Retirement plan
- Health, Life, and Disability Insurance
WXPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that affirmatively seeks to hire veterans and people with disabilities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, sex, or age.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume by to WXPR General Manager Jessie Dick: email@example.com. Please detail how you heard about the job. Pay will be commensurate with experience. The position will remain open until filled.