POSITION: IT Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt
DIVISION: Technology and Operations
REPORTS TO: VP of Technology and Operations
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, software applications, and peripherals.
- Develop budgets for computer hardware and software. Identify future needs and recommend appropriate hardware, software and services. Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Provide expertise and assist management and staff in analyzing and identifying computer requirements and opportunities. Provide PC desktop support and basic training in the use of standard applications.
- Researches and assesses industry changes and trends. Provides technical advice and recommendations in formulating short- and long-term plans for WXXI’s computer systems. Work with staff and outside technical contacts to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Maintain, administer, and upgrade corporate network and computing systems as needed. Must be able to operate network-related software and devices. Similarly, should be able to recommend appropriate technology for network growth.
- Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge.
- Other essential duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience working in IT operations and management experience
- Experience in configuring and maintaining computer networks and system administration of Windows, Linux, VMware, and Cisco IOS. A good working knowledge of common software products.
- Solid working knowledge of all relevant security risks and security protocols
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and strong attention-to-detail skills.
- Ability to relocate computer equipment, supplies, cables as required. Includes the use of power and hand tools as necessary. Lifting duties will include being able to lift 50 pounds to shoulder height.
- Ability to manage interns, full and part-time IT staff.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information and diplomatically respond to requests from management, staff and vendors. Display strong customer service skills, responding to matters timely
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of employees, using a calm, tactful, discreet and effective approach
- High-level of personal integrity, emotional intelligence: handle change, delays or unexpected events and confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to department demands
- Experience with, and in-depth knowledge of, network systems devices and technologies.
WXXI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression, carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.