WYPR 88.1 FM, Baltimore’s NPR news radio station, seeks a full-time Member Services Associate to support its Membership Department in creating the best experience possible for members of the station. Qualified candidates will love public radio, be highly organized, and have impeccable customer service skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
Candidate will work collaboratively with WYPR’s Development team on the following:
- Serve as the main point of contact for all member needs, questions, and concerns.
- Lead all aspects of processing incoming membership revenue propelling the administrative gift process from receipt to the customization of individual thank you letters.
- Work with the finance department to reconcile all aspects of incoming revenue.
- Maintain the membership database with particular attention to detail, consistency, and member experience.
- Execute all membership direct mail efforts with a focus on creating valuable touch points with our supporters.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials to support the station’s membership goals.
- Provide support for several high-profile development campaigns per year.
- Analyze membership revenue goals and offer suggestions for growth.
- Work with our Digital team to execute a shared vision for member engagement.
- Support all efforts to identify, cultivate, and engage with potential members as well as solidify our relationship with current members.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent education and experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and independently.
- Proven experience entering and maintaining complex financial data and enjoys database management.
- Customer service experience and the desire to exceed member expectations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) and email marketing platforms.
- Thorough understanding of and proficiency with marketing and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter preferred.
- Represent WYPR at events and public functions on evenings and weekends occasionally as needed.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively interface with staff, Board members, community members, and volunteers.
- A strong affinity and enthusiasm for public radio (bordering on obsession is preferable.)
For more information about this position, visit wypr.org/employment-and-internships.
Candidates should submit a cover letter (please cite referral source), resume, and two references to Business Manager, WYPR, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218, or to email@example.com. WYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.