WYPR 88.1 FM and WTMD 89.7, Baltimore's NPR Public Radio duo is seeking a full-time sales professional to join the underwriting team. Candidate must be highly motivated and can develop new client relationships through cold calling, networking, and referrals from existing clients. Candidate must be knowledgeable in service to existing clients of the stations as assigned. This goal focused candidate must be able to interpret industry qualitative & quantitative research. Candidate should have knowledge of digital advertising principles and digital sales assets as well as excellent presentation and closing skills. If you are super professional, passionate, resilient and a very creative thinker who can work together with the programming and membership departments of both stations and creatively develop and combine opportunities, please apply. Prior media sales experience is a major plus.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain account lists and soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling
- Servicing and growing existing assigned accounts/budgets
- Identify clients advertising needs, develop, and present customized solutions to meet needs to ad agencies & direct clients
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service
- Investigate and resolve customer problems
- Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events
- Exceeding sales budgets and collection of sold accounts
- Relentless new business development
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, goal driven and creative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance
Ideal qualifications include:
- Proven success in building client marketing campaigns by utilizing radio, event/sponsorship sales, and digital platforms
- Ability to conduct thorough client needs analysis
- A creative mind to put together unique campaigns focused on solving client needs and identifying client challenges as opportunities to develop business.
- Provide professional after-sales support to maximize customer loyalty
- Follow procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports on sales and projections
- Solid skills in MS Office Programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
Professionalism: Observes work rules and practices covered during the orientation process and practices appropriate conduct as outlined in the Your Public Radio Handbook.
Applications can also be mailed to Business Manager, WYPR, 2216 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218. WYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are seeking and welcome diverse candidates. Open until filled. No phone calls, please.
WYPR is a long-standing, reliable source of news, captivating programming and community engagement in the greater Baltimore and Maryland region.
The mission of Your Public Radio Corporation is to inform, connect and even challenge the listeners we serve in the metropolitan Baltimore area and the State of Maryland by broadcasting programs of intellectual integrity and cultural merit to provide an unbiased perspective of the events of today and to enrich the minds and spirits of our audience.