WTTW (Chicago PBS) is looking for a Director of On-Air Fundraising. This individual will blend strategy with creativity to grow membership and increase revenue during WTTW’s on‐air membership drives. The ideal candidate is a fundraiser with a successful track record, thinks strategically, and has a passion for the mission and value of public media.
- Create, and execute big picture annual strategies and detailed quarterly plans for generating membership drive revenue.
- Plan, direct, and execute all on‐air fundraising activities.
- Assure brand‐aligned message development, facilitate talent recruitment and training, oversee production of live and pre-taped solicitations.
- Create and execute fun, in‐person and virtual events related to programming, to drive membership and revenue.
- Develop giving incentives including member gift strategies and oversee gift inventory management and vendor relationships with a focus on increasing diverse suppliers.
- Work cross‐functionally with digital marketing team, and other station departments, to develop and execute new strategies and tactics to drive growth.
- Consult in fundraising program scheduling.
- Collaborate with external vendors for specialized services including call service center, inventory fulfillment and distribution center.
- Track and report on campaign performance and membership metrics to transform data into actionable data sets and analytics for optimized fundraising performance; adhere to organizational data security policies.
- Manage, develop, and support high‐performance team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to manage an outcomes‐driven fundraising team and adjacent production staff
- Self-starting, independent worker
- Detail‐oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exceptional oral, written communication and people skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects successfully
- Ability to prioritize assignments and responsibilities
- Consistently meet required deadlines
- Work with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Desire to learn new skills and experiment with new concepts
- 5+ years of fundraising experience, ideally in public media television fundraising setting
- Working knowledge of video and field production preferred
- Experience with donor database and automated email marketing systems helpful
EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in fundraising, video production, or marketing.
Send Application Materials To:
Please apply directly on our website: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WWCI&cws=40&rid=273