WTTW (Chicago PBS) and WFMT (classical music radio station) are looking for a Manager, Corporate Giving. This individual will be responsible for the stewardship of an existing major gift corporate portfolio and the development of new major corporate funders and sponsors.
- Research current and potential corporate prospects (contacts, giving history, and philanthropic interests) and identify approaches for solicitation meetings, participating as appropriate.
- Establish partnership levels and benefits for all corporate philanthropic approaches.
- Create and maintain materials to explain and support the corporate funding opportunities associated with both programmatic offerings from WTTW and WFMT.
- Author special project materials and solicitations for development team.
- Manage the database entries and acknowledgments for all corporate funders.
- Work on special screenings, tours and events related to corporate funders and strategic partners.
- Staff internal meetings, attend external events, and work in concert with other members of the Development Division and the organization at large.
- Staff leadership through drafting emails, letters, and remarks.
- Manage benefit fulfillment for the development team.
- Other departmental duties as needed and identified.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Organized planner
- Media literacy
- Strong problem solving skills
EXPERIENCE: Candidate must have 3-5 years of related work experience. Experience in the Development or Corporate arena desired, as is practical experience and/or knowledge of the non-profit sector. High level of computer literacy also needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Please apply directly on WTTW's website: https://interactive.wttw.com/about/employment