WTTW (Chicago PBS) is seeking a full-time Station Relations Coordinator to plan and manage Station Relations campaigns and relationships with Producers and Public Television Programmers to generate high national carriage and ratings through continued communication for all WTTW National Syndication projects.
- Define marketing objectives for projects.
- Prepare and implement Station Relations plans.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Station Programmers nationwide.
- Market series and specials to Station affiliates nationwide.
- With personal contact, pitch projects to programmers by identifying programming hooks and best airdates for program scheduling.
- Work closely with National Syndication team, producers and others within WWCI to plan and promote programming at national conferences and meetings.
- For specific projects, conduct outreach and events in key markets to achieve project objectives.
- Maintain regular contact with Station clients via mailings, phone, PBS-intranet, and e-mail.
- Maintain accurate, up to date record of communication made with Stations, and Programmer responses.
- Create e-blasts, newsletters, promotional materials for distribution to Programmers/Station affiliates nationwide.
- Maintain database of Station Programmer contacts.
- Compile carriage information and report results regularly, internally and externally.
- Provide affiliates with program dubs & other promotional materials, as needed.
- Respond to inquiries regarding broadcast and programming information.
- The ideal candidate would have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven and persistent.
- Excellent people/networking skills.
- Technical skills: proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong time management skills: candidate must be organized, detail oriented and able to multi task on a variety of projects at one time.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- A positive, goal and team-oriented attitude is essential.
- Ability to interact with intracompany teams.
- Interest in public media and/or television content.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in marketing, sales or promotion desired, but not required.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree.
Please apply directly on WTTW's website: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WWCI&cws=40&rid=230