The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Director of Media Operations, WPM
Oversee, advance, and implement the overall day-to-day operations of Wyoming Public Media in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the General Manager. Position is responsible for FCC compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the General Manager in overseeing and implementing the effective and efficient execution of all operational, administrative, technology, and fiscal functions to advance the mission, vision, values, strategies, and goals of the organization.
Manage, track, and report on all policies, rules, regulations, and reporting requirements of WPM to maintain clarity, consistency, and up-to-date status and regulatory compliance. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting submissions.
Oversee and establish communication with departmental leaders in day-to-day decision-making, planning, strategy development, and implementation. Compile and present departmental recommendations to General Manager and provide the framework for informed decision-making.
Work closely with GM in developing revenue and engaging with revenue-generating departments and in grant research and writing.
Provide expertise and assistance in operational, administrative, and fiscal areas that need additional hands-on help in meeting goals and deadlines.
Oversee the workflow of office and administrative units that provide logistical support to the GM and to the WPM operation.
Work closely with GM in leadership building and engagement activities with stakeholders on the local, state, and national levels.
Serve on committees, represent the network, and other duties as assigned.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Work Standards
- Delegating Responsibility
- Conflict Management
- Quality Orientation
- Quantity of Work
- Work Prioritization & Management
- Stress Tolerance
- Analysis/Problem Identification
- Written Communication
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
The employee needs to readily be on-site to implement the variety of tasks associated with running the operation. Some flexibility is possible as approved.
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of varied experience in public broadcasting that provides a strong knowledge base for daily administrative, regulatory, and operational activities at a senior level.
- Proven working knowledge of operating and administrative technology associated with executive assignments and reports.
- Demonstrated success and ability to oversee day-to-day activity with an eye for excellence and timeliness.
- Strong and concise communications abilities to handle daily meetings and summations to management.
- Ability to provide professional service and solutions to all levels of the network.
- Affinity for a fast-paced solutions-oriented work environment with a “get-it done” orientation.
- Excellent knowledge of office systems, report-generation, broadcast statistics, surveys, and associated tools for generating detailed reports.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org .
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. Cover letter (not to exceed two pages) should describe how your experience fits the parameters of this position. Audio samples are optional. Applications that do not include Cover Letter, Resume, and References will not receive priority. This position will remain open until filled.