Alaska Public Media is recruiting for an experienced journalist for Alaska’s Energy Desk, our Alaska Regional Journalism Collaboration (RJC), funded by a major grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. The partner organizations have dedicated a team of reporters, editors and producers to provide in-depth coverage of energy and environment issues in Alaska for statewide and national audiences. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high impact news capacity-building effort at a dynamic time in Alaska.
The Digital Media Journalist will provide regular video content for Alaska’s Energy Desk including feature videos, web graphics and photos. The Digital Media journalist will assist in building, and occasionally maintaining the website and social media sites for Alaska’s Energy Desk.
Alaska Public Media is the source for NPR radio and PBS television for South Central Alaska and stewards the Alaska Public Radio Network.
The Digital Media Journalist will:
- Produce and edit regular news and video features on energy and environment topics for web, TV and radio.
- Assist reporters and producers in posting multimedia news and public affairs content.
- Help maintain regular web/social media presence.
- Collect and analyze web and social media analytical data and use findings to direct content presentation.
- Produce video stories for special projects, series and engagement events.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Participate in various programming and news initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the above functions, the Digital Media Journalist will:
- Maintain high quality technical and program standards.
- Meet deadlines and uphold professional journalistic practices and standards.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently to various stakeholders.
- Display excellent news and programming judgment.
- Perform successfully in a dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Stay informed on energy and environment issues in Alaska.
- Stay abreast of contemporary broadcast, equipment, software, and web trends.
- Multitask and work across multiple media platforms.
firstname.lastname@example.org. Work samples may also be included.