The Manager of Individual Giving (DIG) oversees the Alaska Public Media (AKPM) Individual Giving program and coordinates with departments across the organization to proactively grow AKPM membership from its current base of 9,000-plus members/donors, via the planning, execution, and analysis of radio and television on-air fundraising drives, digital campaigns (e-mail, social, web), direct mail, and select events. The DIG proactively explores and applies industry best practices, implements industry resources, mines and analyzes data for optimal membership lifespan/ROI while developing new models for building and maintaining AKPM's member/donor. The MIG reports to Chief Development and Marketing Officer.
The ideal candidate is a creative, experienced, and resourceful professional who is well organized, highly motivated, people-oriented and excited to be part of a vibrant and growing public media organization.
AKPM is the source for NPR radio and PBS television for Southcentral Alaska and provides Alaska’s only statewide news service.
The Director of Individual Giving will:
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s individual member/donor recruitment and stewardship program, with the goal of significantly growing the member/donor base and increasing the lifetime value of those supporters
- Be responsible for Alaska Public Media’s important and growing funding stream that consists of annual gifts as well as recurring, sustaining donations
- Be responsible for all aspects of donor data management including support staff; their development, performance evaluations and reviews
- Develop and implement a data-driven methodology for donor segmentation and develop programs to drive lifetime value in each segment
- In collaboration with the Chief Development & Marketing Officer, analyze membership data and produce monthly reports for the CEO/GM and CFO on key membership metrics, including lifetime value, average donation by platform, renewal rate, conversion rate of one-time gifts to sustainers, campaign and source effectiveness, and acquisition cost per member
- Manage the development and production of membership materials, working closely with the Director of Marketing & Promotions, Program Directors, and outside vendors. Includes but not limited to online communications including web pages and donation forms, on-air scripts, event invitations, e-and printed materials, etc.
- Enhance member/donor experience and apply feedback mechanisms to track member/donor satisfaction
- Represent Alaska Public Media and its projects in a variety of public settings
- Manage 1-2 staff or volunteers\
- Minimum three years of progressive experience in donor or client acquisition and retention, direct marketing, database management and sales
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to draft and/or review the production of high-quality donor correspondence
- Flexible, adaptable and proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated strength in cross-departmental execution and development of multiplatform member/donor engagement campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
If necessary, alternative combinations of education and experience will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office for comparability.
- Knowledge of public media trends and environment
- Experience managing staff