It's an exciting time to join Marketplace, a public media enterprise and the most listened to business program in the country. You'll be part of a team of dynamic professionals dedicated to raising the economic intelligence of the American public. Currently the Marketplace portfolio of programs has more than 14 million weekly listeners and over the next five years our strategic plan dramatically builds on that strong foundation.
As donor engagement coordinator, you will support the implementation and growth of new and innovative fundraising strategies that engage our listeners to support Marketplace's major multi-platform growth initiatives. Specifically, you will coordinate digital and other fundraising communications, as well as events and other cultivation, solicitation and engagement activities to help build our donor relations efforts and to strengthen a culture of philanthropy within the organization.
- Create and send solicitation and cultivation/stewardship emails, including establishing criteria for and working with Development/Marketing/Research teams to pull targeted mailing lists.
- Develop and coordinate giving copy and images for website and social media.
- Write copy and coordinate production of giving promos for on-demand.
- Research, request samples, and coordinate creative needs for premium development.
- Analyze email and online giving results and make recommendations to strengthen future efforts.
- Coordinate surveys to support donor engagement research.
- Research and implement crowdfunding campaigns.
- Research and coordinate venues, catering, etc for giving events.
- Coordinate event timelines and briefing documents, including on-site event coordination.
- Develop, send, and manage event invitations/RSVPs.
- Coordinate/support virtual events for donors and prospects.
- Coordinates implementation of Marketplace donor stewardship plan.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Communications or related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years' fundraising experience required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to create impactful, donor-centered appeals and stewardship communications.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist, including demonstrable social networking experience.
- Excellent editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to create personal relationships and to communicate effectively delivering exceptional customer service to a variety of stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands, while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with donor data and CRM systems.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information.
- Passion for public media broadcasting, as well as for community education and outreach.
- Excellent computer skills related to the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Reporting to this Position: N/A
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds (premium inventory)
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.