Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN), the statewide PBS network based in Conway, Arkansas, seeks a creative, organized and driven Production Director/Executive Producer to lead an ambitious slate of new content production initiatives for multi-platform, digital, social and broadcast distribution channels.
The Executive Producer will collaborate with senior management to develop and execute an evolving content strategy while leading a team of creative professionals to deliver exceptional field and studio productions in a variety of genres, including documentaries, digital-first media, broadcast series, multi-camera studio productions and live sports.
The Role Requires:
- Overall production leadership, mentoring and guidance for a team of producers, editors, shooters
- Content development: proactively identify new projects, talent and creative ways of producing content
- Managing creative staff and setting creative direction for projects
- Working with all levels of creative talent to enhance and elevate quality for both studio and field productions
- Managing & overseeing all aspects of creative execution from pre-production through to post; including guiding story development, reviewing rough cuts, editorial guidance and feedback
- Overseeing set design and production graphics for studio, field and digital content
- Providing notes on production concepts, casting, outlines and approving storylines for segments
- Attending shoots in-studio and on-location
- Liaising with production contractors and the independent content production community; negotiating terms and conditions of contracts
- Implementing proper project management systems, prioritizing + tracking all deliverables; ensuring quality of work meets public media brand standards as well as strategic and creative objectives
- Building, reviewing and managing fiscal-year production plans & budgets
- Delivering quality work on-time and on-budget
The Ideal Candidate:
- Likes to lead teams and has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Has a deep understanding of project management, production work flows, and creative production processes
- Creative, fast thinker and efficient problem-solver
- Has excellent follow-through, and gives high attention to detail
- Has a deft ability to manage interdisciplinary creative teams
- Is an energetic, natural leader with excellent communication skills
- Is a born collaborator, a cool-headed problem-solver and a creative taskmaster with an eye for quality
- 3+ years of EP experience OR deep experience as a line producer or strong executive industry experience in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Qualifications: The formal equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in radio and television, journalism, plus five years of experience in television programming or a related field; including two years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications: The formal equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in media production, digital media or broadcast journalism. At least five years of progressive experience in media production techniques, standards and procedures; including three years of experience supervising production and creative employees in both studio and field production. Experience in grant writing for public media experience a definite plus.
Background check is required. (Grade GS11). Apply online to www.arstatejobs.com. Only completed state applications with work history will be accepted. We do not accept resumes in lieu of completing the state application. AA/EEO/ADA Employer.