ASPEN PUBLIC RADIO Morning Edition Host/Producer
Live, work and recreate in beautiful Aspen, Colorado! Aspen Public Radio seeks a Morning Edition Host to join our award-winning news team. The successful candidate will work in a building with views of and just blocks from the Aspen Mountain Ski Area. The host writes, prepares and delivers news, weather and continuity—which includes ski, river rafting and flyfishing reports during local portions of Morning Edition. The host will also conduct two-way interviews and produce news features and other material as assigned. The Morning Edition Host works closely with the News Director and news team to deliver high quality news programming to Aspen Public Radio’s listeners.
- Serve as the host of Aspen Public Radio’s Morning Edition.
- Write and edit news copy and produce and deliver local newscasts, two ways and continuity throughout the program
- Prepare additional news stories and features as assigned
- Prepare and post social media messages and upload materials to APR’s websites and other digital platforms
- Record and produce files for automated breaks
- Participate in on-air fundraising
- Attend and participate in station events as assigned
- Serve as Aspen Public Radio’s representative at events, meetings and other functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of professional live broadcast experience — preferably in public media
- Engaging and conversational on-air presentation skills
- A strong commitment to public radio news values and ethics and values
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to use broadcast, production technology and digital and social media
Aspen Public Radio is the leading public media organization in Colorado’s Roaring Fork Valley. The region includes dozens of mountains, beautiful rivers and streams, hundreds of miles of trails and four world-class ski resorts.
Aspen Public Radio is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this wonderful opportunity, email a cover letter, resume and audio files of on air and feature reporting work to email@example.com