Blue Ridge Public Radio is seeking a host/reporter for its growing newsroom based in Asheville, North Carolina. The BPR news team produces content for our two stations – BPR News and BPR Classic – which serve our 13-county region and contributes to the statewide North Carolina Public Radio Exchange, as well as to NPR programs and newscasts.
Primary responsibilities are to host Morning Edition and report from the studio and the field. Strong vocal, writing, editing, and communication skills are a must for this position. Preferred candidates should have –
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Two years or more experience hosting at an NPR affiliate station
- Prior reporting experience
- Strong audio editing skills (BPR uses Hindenburg)
Job requirements –
- Host Morning Edition from 5 to 9 each weekday morning
- Create local newscasts each hour
- Track and update stories for follow-up as the news day progresses
- Update website and social media
- Report on local news in the studio and field, including spot stories, features, and interviews
- Generate story ideas for the news department
- Participate in on-air fundraising
- Participate in station events
To Apply: All applications should be sent to Careers@bpr.org Applications must include: cover letter, resume, and links to air checks and reporting examples.
Blue Ridge Public Radio is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization and a certified living wage employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified current and prospective employees without distinction or discrimination based on of age, gender (including gender identity or expression), sexual orientation, color, race, national origin, religion, disability, military service or veteran status, or other characteristic(s) protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. This policy is reflected in all BPR practices and policies.