About Chicago Public Media
Chicago Public Media (www.chicagopublicmedia.org) is one of the largest and most respected public media organizations in the country. With an unparalleled reputation for creativity and innovation across all platforms, Chicago Public Media provides substantive news and insights, thoughtful conversation and meaningful connections to its diverse audiences throughout the Chicago area, as well as nationally and globally.
Chicago Public Media engages with its listeners and users across multiple platforms, including broadcast radio, digital streaming, and mobile apps. Its flagship station, WBEZ-Chicago (91.5 FM), delivers a weekly listening audience of over 550,000, and broadcasts throughout Chicago and the surrounding region. WBEZ’s website, wbez.org, is a top-performing website, serving 1.2 million monthly audio streams. WBEZ’s sister service, called Vocalo (91.1 FM, vocalo.org), targets a Millennial, multicultural audience through an urban alternative format that public radio has not traditionally served.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Intelligence, the Manager of Member Analytics is critical to membership strategy development and provides reporting as well as support for forecasting and budgeting the membership channel. This role is responsible for understanding and optimizing member lifecycle and revenue across all communication channels and is key participant in the development and implementation of data-driven member and revenue growth strategies.
Membership is at the strategic core of the business both in terms of building loyalty with our audience and generating the primary source of revenue that supports the institution. As such, this role has direct impact on the growth of the institution.
- Acts as the primary owner of key reporting and member KPI’s including monthly membership lifecycle reports, membership and marketing goal tracking, and campaign performance.
- Gains a deep understanding of all membership lifecycle segments through research and analysis to influence membership growth strategy.
- Works with vendors and partner organizations to ensure WBEZ is taking advantage of industry standards and best practices as well as participating in cross-station workshops and analytics exercises.
- Develop and update key CRM dashboards to highlight significant trends, analyze and present findings to key stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Creates processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity when performing analysis and ad-hoc reporting.
- Forecasts program performance and partners closely with leadership team.
- Acts as the internal owner for all system campaign configuration and set-up to ensure accurate reporting.
- Proactively identifies operational gaps, issues, and challenges – and proposes solutions.
- Partners with membership team to provide ad-hoc support during key fundraisers like pledge drives and year-end giving campaigns.
- Works iteratively with the technology team to build scalable, automated data and reporting solutions.
- Supports overall member marketing efforts as required.
- 3-5 years of data analytics experience, preferably with CRM data sources
- 2-3 years writing T-SQL queries
- Experience creating and publishing reports and dashboards via data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience with data quality, validation, and cleansing.
- An understanding of marketing database management and direct marketing techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable communicating across diverse audiences
- Comfortable navigating a lean, entrepreneurial culture
- Curious about how our members think, how our service works, and other colleagues’ ideas
- Sense of ownership with a commitment to continual improvement
- Experience managing analysis projects and requests within an iterative/agile environment is preferred.
- Experience using story management tools (Jira, Confluence, Asana, VSTS) is preferred
- Experience with SalesForce preferred
- Experience creating statistical models preferred
Working at Chicago Public Media
Chicago Public Media cares deeply about our employees as we know attracting, nurturing and developing talent is key to our success and enhancing our impact. Our culture is one where collaboration, ideas, and innovation are encouraged. We value colleagues who will enhance our culture by bringing new ideas, diverse experiences and talents to our dynamic workplace.
Chicago Public Media’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflective across our brands, WBEZ 91.5 FM and Vocalo 91.1 FM, in our staff and in our work. We are fully focused on equality of opportunity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
At Chicago Public Media we believe dedication to a great workplace includes supporting our employees and their families. As a result, we provide a broad and generous benefits package for you at hire and in the years to come. Our benefits include:
- 6 weeks fully paid family leave
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave
- High quality Medical, Dental, and Vision plans at an affordable cost
- A 403(b)retirement plan with a company match
- Generous paid time off, including starting with 3 weeks’ vacation and 4 personal days