An Opportunity To Make An Impact
At Chicago Public Media, we believe independent journalism is essential to a well-functioning democracy and access to fact-based, objective news and information a right of every citizen. We serve the public interest by creating diverse, compelling content that informs, inspires and enriches. We connect diverse audiences and help them make a difference in our communities, our region and our world. If you are inspired by our mission and want to belong to an organization that inspires you, supports you, and challenges you, we encourage you to apply.
Chicago Public Media is transforming the way we communicate with listeners, retain members and expand our audience. We are seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial Product Manager, Membership to execute our strategy of growing and retaining members and increasing revenue through our digital products. 60% of WBEZ’s annual funding comes from membership revenue. It is imperative for CPM’s mission that we are constantly innovating how we develop relationships with our audiences, convert audiences to members, and retain members through our website, mobile apps, newsletters, smart speakers, digital streams, and on the radio.
As the Product Manager overseeing CPM’s efforts to grow membership on our digital platforms, you will lead an engineering team focused on all the ways we create and maintain relationships with users, from the casual listener to the superfan. This includes but is not limited to our online donation form, online membership portal, email newsletters, and ‘pledge-free’ audio stream. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will work directly with Chicago Public Media’s Membership and Marketing teams to execute on fundraising opportunities identified by them. Your work will be enhanced by your desire to be part of a mission-oriented, dynamic organization that serves the metro Chicago community.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create and manage a roadmap for all membership and lead-generating features of our digital products
- Drive projects from start to finish, working with engineering teams to deliver major features, enhancements, and maintenance to our membership toolset
- Stay apprised of the marketplace, competitive set, and digital trends, particularly related to membership, subscription business, and e-commerce both inside and outside of the public radio system
- Author product requirements with input from relevant business stakeholders and technology team
- Define and track goals and KPIs relevant to all product releases
- Analyze data and user feedback to quantify impact of product development efforts and to inform iterative product development process
- Develop innovative ideas for new pathways to membership and loyalty-building with realistic business cases and timelines
- Leads QA efforts including regression and feature testing with internal testers and external vendors
- Use data driven methodology to optimize donation form completion and revenue-generation by using A/B testing results and web analytics data.
- Analyze and interpret data including web analytics, membership transactions and CRM reports
- B.A. or B.S. degree with 3-5 years of product management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with e-commerce transaction technologies (e.g. check-out pages or donation forms), lead generation tools, and audience engagement technologies
- Experience working with CRM and ESP tools (Salesforce CRM/Marketing Cloud, Eloqua, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile software delivery process is required
- Experience using web analytics data (e.g. Google Analytics) to inform product optimization specifically around form conversion and engagement.
- Experience building business cases to inform product roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to translate user and internal stakeholder needs and feedback into product requirements
- Prior experience owning relationships with external partners is preferred
- Prior experience in a digital subscription or membership business is preferred
Working at Chicago Public Media
Chicago Public Media cares deeply about our employees as we know attracting, nurturing and developing talent is key to our success and enhancing our impact. Our culture is one where collaboration, ideas, and innovation are encouraged. We value colleagues who will enhance our culture by bringing new ideas, diverse experiences and talents to our dynamic workplace.
Chicago Public Media’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is reflective across our brands, WBEZ 91.5 FM and Vocalo 91.1 FM, in our staff and in our work. We are fully focused on equality of opportunity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
At Chicago Public Media we believe dedication to a great workplace includes supporting our employees and their families. As a result, we provide a broad and generous benefits package for you at hire and in the years to come.
Our benefits include:
- 6 weeks fully paid family leave
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave
- High quality Medical, Dental, and Vision plans at an affordable cost
- A 403(b)retirement plan with a company match
- Generous paid time off, including starting with 3 weeks’ vacation and 4 personal days