Cincinnati Public Radio seeks a dynamic program host with a conversational, authentic on-air style; passion for and curiosity about music; natural storytelling abilities; and a comfort with engaging with listeners. Excellent research, writing and organizational skills are also key, along with creativity and a desire to connect to the broader community.
The successful candidate will be a classical music ambassador, both on the air and while interacting with the community. Familiarity with classical music is desired; but, a willingness to learn and an aptitude for sharing a passion for music with others is most important. WGUC is looking to engage listeners on a variety of platforms and this host will play a role in these efforts.
Cincinnati Public Radio stations have been trusted members of the Greater Cincinnati community for up to almost 70 years. Join an award-winning team that works to build connections, make a difference in the lives of listeners, and create a unique community that is informed, involved and inspired.
- Performance or broadcast announcing experience or the equivalent
- Passion for music, with a familiarity and appreciation for classical music.
- Authentic, conversational broadcast voice and ability to work with direction and coaching.
- Excellent writing, editing, and interviewing skills.
- Comfort with engaging with listeners in person and on social media
- Understanding of Cincinnati Public Radio’s programming and belief in our mission and vision
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast production and editing equipment (helpful, but not required).
Please submit cover letter, resume and audition audio by May 23, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.