The Account Manager will serve as a media sales professional representing Colorado Public Radio in the Denver metro area with responsibility for generating operating income through the sale of sponsorships and media marketing programs – both on-air and digital – in support of individual and department revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet sales goal requirements while adhering to CPR guidelines and standards
- Schedule time each week for prospecting to meet monthly and annual goals
- Maintain and build relationships with new and existing accounts
- Qualify account needs and demonstrate and sell the value of sponsoring CPR
- Draft and finalize underwriting agreements including schedules and costs
- Qualify copy points with the underwriter and write copy that adheres to CPR and FCC guidelines
- Maintain account records including traffic orders and correspondence; monitor receivables; and track results in salesforce.com
- Insure timely collection of accounts receivable
- Support philanthropic giving and be a collaborative partner with CPR’s Major Donor Department
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Able to embrace the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio
- Able to work independently and self-motivate, even in an office environment
- Skilled at cold calling prospects and motivated to build new account relationships
- Able to maintain strong rapport with existing accounts
- Comfortable with assessing account needs
- Proficient at presenting the value of CPR and knowledgeable about other media options
- Skilled at identifying and overcoming sales objections and able to close sales
- Proficient at writing a clear and compelling proposal, letter and e-mail
- Results oriented, collaborative, and adaptable to change
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Nielsen Audience Data and Scarborough Research platforms a plus
- Three or more years of proven outside sales success; broadcast and digital media sales experience a plus
- Must have a personal vehicle available for business use along with valid insurance, a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for the past 12 months
- Adherence to CPR Core Competencies
To apply,submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening,resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org "Account Manager" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity