CPR Classical seeks a dynamic host to engage current and new audiences. You'll join an experienced, impassioned team to bring classical music to life in highly creative ways on-air and online, through audio and visuals. Important to the work: love of music and the arts, natural performance instincts, teamwork, adaptability, creative thinking and aptitude for a compelling story.
- Host regular airshifts by voicetracking, live when necessary
- Stay current on classical music news, events and issues
- Conduct interviews and produce music feature content
- Participate in live and prerecorded on-air fundraising
- Engage with the classical music community online
- Participate in community events
Knowledge and competencies:
- A passion for music, particularly classical music
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- On-air announcing or performance experience
- Aptitude for foreign language pronunciations
- Comfortable interviewing musicians and members of listening audience
- Solid writing experience with the ability to identify, research, plan and produce written content that is entertaining and engaging for the listener and reader
- Proficient in use of social media, particularly Facebook and Instagram
- General PC computer competency and familiarity with audio editing software
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Classical Announcer/Producer" in the subject line. Please also let us know where you learned of the open position.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.