Colorado Public Radio has a great opportunity available for a Technical Operations Manager to oversee the operations team.
The Technical Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the Technical Operation Center (TOC) which manages and monitors daily operations of all broadcast and digital streams. The Technical Operations Manager communicates to appropriate staff, in a timely manner, changes in programming, problems with programming or equipment, and resolution to any technical problems. The Technical Operations Manager develops and documents procedures for software, studio use, and other procedures necessary to all broadcast functions.
Knowledge and competencies:
- Knowledge of public radio programming and public radio listener expectations.
- Thorough knowledge of FCC regulations for radio broadcasting. Society of Broadcast Engineers Certified Radio Operator.
- Experience managing technical support, including setting and evaluating policies and procedures.
- Experience operating, managing, and troubleshooting audio playout, routing, and transmission systems.
- Experience troubleshooting studio and computer systems and providing basic studio support.
- Competent in using windows workstations, remote access software, and office productivity software.
- Experience operating a studio control board and audio software for live broadcasting.
- Strong customer support, verbal communication, and written communication skills.
- Have adequate hearing to make audio quality determinations, adequate vision to read user access panels on broadcast electronic components, and physical mobility and dexterity to access electronic devices and wiring in standard server racks.
- Manager must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stay calm and think clearly during emergencies.
- Ability to think and act strategically and prioritize tasks, particularly during emergencies.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, three professional references, and salary expectations to email@example.com with "TOC Manager" in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.