Colorado Public Radio is expanding and is looking for a Web Developer (front-end and back-end development in a WordPress environment) who believes in the mission, power and potential of public media and will thrive in an environment where curious, creative people can do meaningful work. Responsibilities include developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and expanding the technologies that power our user-centered website and will also support evolving digital technologies such as smart speaker skills and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate thinks of software in terms of the information needs of the audience and understands how technology can make our digital platforms more useful, more usable and more engaging. This person has an eagerness to learn new skills and to innovate ways to get our audio and written content onto diverse digital devices and platforms. They should also enjoy creatively solving problems with experimentation and data.
Knowledge and competencies:
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4 years of real world experience.
- Experience implementing third-party API Integrations (preferably in a Wordpress environment).
- Proficiency in building and updating APIs, debugging plugin compatibility issues.
- Strong proficiency in WordPress CMS, WP file structure, custom post types/taxonomies with WordPress Framework, and WordPress REST API.
- Experience with Google Analytics, specifically goal setting, event tracking, Ecommerce tracking.
- Understanding of SEO best practices.
- Understanding of social media and newsletter best practices.
- Basic photoshop skills and understanding of UX and UI principles.
- Knowledge or experience with news/publishing/media/music organizations ideal.
How to Apply:
In an email to email@example.com with "Web Developer" in the subject line, please submit a cover letter, resume, professional references and salary expectations. Let us know in the cover letter where you learned about the open position. Additionally, please include code samples, or GitHub profile, and URLs of any previous work. Along with a description of each code, detail what you wrote, why you’re proud of it, and how it reflects your experience and abilities.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Competitive salary and benefits. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.