Community Radio Project (CRP) is seeking an Executive Director who will enthusiastically lead our professional staff in the management of our radio licenses, radio and theatre programming, news, and development/underwriting. Nestled in the Four Corners and headquartered in Cortez, Colorado, CRP operates two cultural cornerstones in the region: KSJD and the Sunflower Theatre. The Executive Director will have the opportunity to influence the cultural pulse of the region by providing input on entertainment and educational performances that are hosted at the Sunflower Theatre. The Executive Director will have full financial statement responsibility, and will lead all strategic, financial, and operating aspects of the organization. They will be responsible for fundraising initiatives that will support the salaries of our staff, the cost of operations, and the development of creative programs that serve our region.
Qualification and Experience
- At least five years of increasingly responsible supervisory positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and supervisory experience.
- Track record of building and managing high-performing teams and demonstrated skill in leveraging the organizational structure and team member capabilities.
- Familiarity with aspects of community media including programming, production, on air work, social media, website maintenance, fundraising, and promotion.
- Ability to develop and administer operational budget.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of an inclusive culture and commitment to ensure diversity across a variety of categories to achieve and maintain institutional inclusiveness. The next Executive Director will have a reputation built from substance, experience, integrity, and character sufficient to quickly earn the trust of internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, strategize, implement, and deliver programs and activities that result in positive and financially-supportive relationships.
- Demonstrated success in development efforts, including cultivating a sustainable donor base.
- Organizational experience working with a significant number of volunteers.
- Working knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheets, customer relationship management databases, intermediate to advanced computer skills, and the ability to use the internet. Ability to manage competently Google Docs and other information-sharing platforms is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse group of constituents. Familiarity with the Four Corners region is preferred.
- Passion for the qualities that make this region unique.
Preferred Experience, Skills or Abilities:
- At least four years of experience in either a commercial or non-profit media environment. Ideally, the next ED will have a track record as an effective leader in this environment.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the technical aspects of operating a radio station, including traditional broadcast and digital distribution of content.
- Prior experience working with Salesforce.
The position is open until filled. We will begin screening applicants on April 16, 2018.
In order to apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter addressing the following questions:
- What are the innate qualities you would bring to Community Radio Project?
- What past experience qualifies you to manage Community Radio Project?
- What work habits would enhance your ability to lead Community Radio Project?
- At least three professional references
Application accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
KSJD Executive Director Applicant
Attn: Community Radio Project Search Committee
P.O. Box 758
Mancos, Colorado 81328
No phone calls please.