Position Announcement #119008 – Executive Coordinator
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire an Executive Coordinator (Level 4). Salary $40,000 - $50,000. The position reports to the SVP, Engagement.
To provide project and advanced administrative support to the SVP, Engagement and VP, Communications and departmental staff.
- Provides administrative support to the SVP, Engagement and VP, Communications, and departmental staff, including, but not limited to, calendars, scheduling appointments/meetings/conference calls; making travel arrangements; proofreading and editing materials; providing phone coverage; supplies; filing; other office duties as assigned.
- Coordinates the flow and tracking of information to and from the Senior Vice President and Vice President, exercising judgment as to what to handle independently and what to refer for guidance. Ensures the Senior Vice President is kept apprised of key departmental activities, including staff schedules, key events, and critical dates.
- Drafts and/or prepares memos, presentation materials, spreadsheets and other documents on behalf of the Senior Vice President and Vice President using appropriate software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Conducts research to ensure content is accurate and appropriate data/information is included, and ensures that the quality of the work prepared is completed with proper grammar, document structure, content, and according to established CPB standards.
- Plans and coordinates the arrangements for internal and external meetings and events (e.g., system meetings, panel reviews, and system consultations). This includes, but is not limited to, communications with participants, arranging travel, securing appropriate meeting space, coordinating catering services, interacting with hotel and travel agency staff, preparing itineraries, verifying charges and maintaining expenditure records.
- Develops and maintains effective filing and record-keeping systems including, records and files for the Senior Vice President and the department so that information is organized and readily retrievable.
- Assists with the processing of invoices and expenses by maintaining receipts and managing expense reports, as well as with the maintenance of records related to the tracking and monitoring of budget issues.
- Supports the department’s grants administration processes as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two years of related work experience within a similar environment and with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent business and marketing writing and proofreading skills.
- Experience performing research activities, as well as managing/coordinating logistics for large group meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability of generating original copy, correspondence and presentations.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work with all levels of staff, including senior level management, and interact effectively and professionally with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated organization and follow-through skills, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow, proactively manage multiple assignments and customers (internal and external), and demonstrate flexibility and time management capabilities.
- Demonstrated initiative and proactive behaviors relative to completing work, and meeting deadlines while working both independently and in a team environment.
- Advanced thinking skills with the demonstrated ability to grasp and apply knowledge and relevant information in decision-making – exercising judgment, assessing situations, determining appropriate action, and following-through with limited supervision and direction.
- Advanced computer proficiency including extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)and utilizing/maintaining databases.
- Ability to learn quickly learning and apply new applications.
- An attention to detail and strong proofreading skills to ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Competent math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Knowledge of Public Broadcasting.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history to
Link does not work in Internet Explorer.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.