What You’ll Do:
The Business Development Executive works to secure corporate and institutional funding for Detroit Public Television and WRCJ 90.9
-FM including related digital platforms, projects, challenge grants, spot schedules, events and unrestricted gifts.
- Serve as a significant revenue generator for the organization.
- Create new funding relationships with aligned corporate and non-profit organizations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with advertising decision maker from corporate and non-profit funders.
- Work as a member of a team to inform sales strategies, product packages and marketing presentations for broadcast, online, event, and pledge programming.
- Effectively utilize CSPI disciplines, research tools, data and storytelling to create and grow revenue opportunity with relationships.
- Continually fill funnel/prospect pipeline with new funder/advertiser prospects
- Close business and meet individual established revenue goal, prepare contracts and ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables, while managing account relationship throughout.
- Coordinate production and scheduling of underwriting acknowledgments, prepare reports, collect client invoices.
- Report daily sales and contact management activity.
- Attend client events, station challenge events, special events and assist with engagement events within the radio and television stations.
- Attend department meetings, sales meetings and all staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned, including supporting station events and fundraising activities.
- Artful sales skills and closer
- Excellent connector and strategic thinker
- Excellent relationship builder and owner
- Proven reputation as a reliable account manager with a focus on detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; strong influencer
- Excellent people skills, able to work effectively with other members of a team and other departments as well as with prospects and existing clients
- Ability to self-prioritize top opportunities and key needs to close revenue
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with transparency
- Ability to contribute creative ideas
- Strong commitment to customer service and maintaining trusted relationship of the station in the community and with clients
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in broadcast sales or advertising agency sales
- 3+ years of experience in direct sales; demonstrated ability to ask for the order
- 3+ years of experience cold calling, developing new prospects, and turning them into clients for television and radio
- Existing contacts within relevant marketing and funding circles
- Willingness to work irregular hours on short notice
- Demonstrated passion for Public Media: Television and Radio
- Experience with Excel, Media Audit, Salesforce, preferred
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.