WTVS Detroit Public Television (DPTV) is the viewer-supported PBS member station serving the nation's 11th largest television market. We operate Channels 56.1, 56.2 Detroit PBS Kids, 56.3 Create and 56.4 World, and are carried on cable and satellite systems throughout Southeast Michigan and over a thousand communities in Canada. We also operate WRCJ 90.9 FM, the classical and jazz radio station licensed to the Detroit Public Schools. Our vision is to educate, entertain and inspire, in partnership with our community.
DPTV is notably active in the community producing local programs that showcase arts, culture, news and analysis; and educational outreach campaigns that use the power of media to provide knowledge and understanding.
Detroit Public TV is built on relationships, and fosters the relationships it has with employees. We are committed to providing a creative and professional work environment with comprehensive benefits to support a positive work environment.
Detroit Public Television is looking for Customer Service Representative to join our team in Wixom, MI.
What You’ll Do:
The Customer Service Representative is the primary point of contact to most of the organization’s members and is expected to provide exemplary customer service to all members and potential members of Detroit Public Television and WRCJ.
- Respond promptly to customers’ requests via telephone, mail, voicemails or emails
- Assist customers with decision making process
- Address customer concerns, repair relationships as required
- Identify issues that require escalation
- Communicate effectively with internal departments
- Perform data entry tasks to maintain customer data base
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Type 45 words per minute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including copiers, fax machines, scanners and printers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years working in a customer service role preferred
What You’ll Get:
- Excellent benefits package that includes 403(b) employer match, medical, dental, vision and much more.
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Opportunities to serve our mission and community.
- Great work environment.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Posting Date: 11/9/2017
Detroit Public Television is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.