GPB seeks an entrepreneurial and innovative minded individual with the technical expertise to lead our technology and engineering departments. This individual will have a fundamental understanding of the technology and infrastructure necessary to support the operations of a multi-faceted media company (TV, Radio, Digital), have a strong understanding of the role technology plays in today’s media business model and be able to effectively leverage technology for greater organizational impact.
- Oversees and provides support for the GPB technology departments including Engineering, Field Engineering, IT, and Network Operations.
- Responsible for staff management / direction, budget preparation / oversight, administrative support, staff training / development, facility / transmitter maintenance, etc.
- Develops organizational technology strategy that addresses both short and long-term planning,
- Establishes technical standards and priorities, and business development related to technology.
- Works with Senior Leadership and CEO to understand organizational technology needs (current and future)
- Advises as to how technology solutions or capabilities can be leveraged to create opportunities and further benefit the organization.
- Ensures that GPB’s technical capabilities are innovative and solution oriented, creating a flexible and agile environment.
- BS/BA Degree required.
- Min. seven years relevant experience with proven ability to manage staff, prioritize objectives, maintain technical and RF facilities.Experience with both Radio and Television technology is necessary with a strong understanding of the technology necessary to support a growing digital presence.
- Creative and visionary thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action and understand and express the business impact of emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience leading a diverse team to support organizational goals.
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing complex projects, large budgets, setting and accomplishing goals while managing dynamic priorities.
- Demonstrated skill and successful experience in organizational change and transition management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes.
- Ability to explain highly complex technical projects in easy-to-understand terms to non-technical colleagues.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster a motivated mindset / attitude among staff with the ability to drive both strategic and tactical efforts as necessary.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, visual, life and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and Opportunities for training and professional development.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience. Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Upload resume, references and applicant form on the GPBs Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.