Oversees the Corporate Sales Department for raising financial resources from businesses, corporations and foundations for a jazz format public radio station. Work closely with senior management to determine and implement program priorities and funding strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Cultivates corporate and business support to ensure that the station meets its annual underwriting fundraising goals.
2. Establish a competitive fundraising program that will enhance the infrastructure and capability of the Station through underwriting proposals.
3. Develop fundraising initiatives to generate sponsorship and underwriting revenues for the Station’s special events.
4. Develop packages and materials to enhance the sales strategies for the Underwriting Department.
5. Supervise, evaluate and provide guidance/training to the Underwriting Sales Representatives.
6. Develop and maintain accurate client files that include all promotional spots, request forms, traffic reports, and production forms.
7. Coordinate activities of sales staff, set monthly goals, tracks performance and provides leadership for department on an ongoing basis. Reviews and recommends potential sales candidates as necessary.
8. Assist in developing sales strategies, designing special rate packages, and identifying prospect leads for Jazz 91.9 FM WCLK.
9. Work with all department heads to help stimulate new business, (i.e. programming, promotions, membership, and production).
10. Other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to assume a variety of responsibilities and work under pressure and time restraints.
Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and coordinate work in situations where demands of diverse nature are involved.
Demonstrated ability to teach, train, and supervise students and volunteers in a variety of broadcast related departmental tasks.
Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication.
Ability to maintain proper records and reports for account reps, fundraising staff and students for the station.
Education & Experience
A minimum BA Degree in Communications or related field. Two years experience working in public radio, public affairs, and promotions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be detail- oriented, efficient, and able to work well under pressure. Must be knowledgeable of public radio and FCC guidelines for sponsorships, contest, and promotions.