KCAW, Raven Radio
KCAW, Raven Radio in Sitka, Alaska is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of General Manager. KCAW is a vibrant public radio station serving Sitka, Angoon, Elfin Cove, Kake, Pelican, Port Alexander, Tenakee Springs, Yakutat, and the coastal fishing grounds of Southeast Alaska. Since sign on in 1982, KCAW provides creative and diverse community media with a mix of locally produced and national news and programming. The General Manager is the executive position at the station, reporting to a community-elected Board of Directors, and supervising a staff of 6 and over 100 active volunteers.
For more details, including a list of duties of the position, please visit http://liv.jobs.
Candidates for the position of General Manager must have the following skills and experience:
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in a media organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Familiar with all aspects of community media including programming, production, on air work, online development, technical matters, fundraising and promotion;
- The ability and insight to think critically and creatively in order to analyze current practice, and envision future service provision for all media platforms;
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff, board members, colleagues, listeners, stakeholders, and community leaders;
- Inspirational and motivational style of management to attain a high degree of cooperation from others for the highest possible achievement;
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementation of organizational goals;
- Demonstrated ability to manage large multiple projects effectively and to delegate responsibilities;
- Ability to develop and administer budget;
- Ability to fundraise and write grants in support of the mission of KCAW;
- Ability to advocate for legislative support for public broadcasting.
HOW TO APPLY:
KCAW is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs.
Apply by May 27.
THE STATION AND THE COMMUNITY
Raven Radio, KCAW, is a 5 KW, CPB qualified public/community radio station located in Sitka, a rural community of 8,600 on Baranof Island in Southeast Alaska. Sitka is nestled on the west side of Baranof Island, it is flanked on the east by majestic snow-capped mountains, and on the west by the Pacific Ocean. Located in a temperate rainforest, the climate is wet and mild. The mountain and ocean setting provide great access to outdoor recreation opportunities. KCAW values local news, community involvement and volunteerism. Raven Radio is an affiliate of National Public Radio and the Alaska Public Radio Network. https://www.kcaw.org/
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates