KCPW 88.3FM, a public radio station serving the greater Salt Lake Valley, is seeking a part-time Membership Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have meticulous attention to data entry and detail, facility with databases and spreadsheets, superior customer service and communication skills, and a love for public radio’s mission.
On-air since 1992, and broadcasting from the Denkers Studio on Library Square in Salt Lake City, KCPW Public Radio 88.3 FM is the Salt Lake Valley’s first, 24-hour, news and information outlet providing listeners with a complete spectrum of thought-provoking, local, national, and international, public radio programming. KCPW is a space on the local radio dial that encourages engagement, satisfies curiosity, and builds community.
Employment Classification: Part-time, 15-20 hours / week
Salary: $12 - $15 / hour
Reports to: General Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Description of Duties
The selected candidate will:
• Have lead responsibility for the membership database
• Maintain the security, privacy, and data accuracy of donor records, data collection, and activity
• Manage weekly and monthly processing such as timely renewal mailings and donation billing
• Provide superior customer service to donor inquiries and requests
• Maintain online donation pages
• Coordinate all receipting and thank-you gift fulfillment
• Assist with volunteer training during on-air pledge drives
• Compile donation data annually for audit and CPB reporting and seasonally for each pledge drive
• Coordinate fiscal year-end and calendar year-end processes as pertaining to member database
• Assist with other projects as needed to support and grow KCPW’s membership program
Desired Skills and Qualifications
• One year or more of applicable experience, including in database queries and spreadsheets
• Detail orientation and dedication to error-free work product
• Must have a strong customer/client service orientation
• Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences
• Ability to resolve conflict successfully
• Excellent written and oral command of English language
• Knowledge of public broadcasting
• Basic HTML a plus
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.