Ensure KCTS 9 television production and transmission meets PBS audio, video and technical standards to reach more people, build a strong organization and inspire a smarter world
Qualified applicants please apply here
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
I Administer Broadcast Systems
- Create preventative maintenance schedules and conduct preventive maintenance.
- Administer network, media storage, archive and edit systems in broadcast and production environments.
- Administer, analyze, diagnose and repair broadcast servers and other systems that are part of the broadcast network.
- Follow best practices for maintaining the security, availability and integrity of broadcast and production media systems and data.
- Support Broadcast Equipment.
- Support installation, maintenance, repair, and monitoring of broadcast equipment: master control, cameras, routing switchers, converters, monitoring, and test equipment.
- Collaborate with Engineering team to maintain systems documentation.
- Collaborate with Engineering team to design implementation of broadcast and production systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively within the Engineering department and with other departments.
- Work with Communication Technician to support transmission.
- Work with Producers, Directors and Production Managers to identify technical production requirements.
- Work with IT Department to support the security, availability and integrity of broadcast systems and data interfacing with IT managed systems.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors, manufacturers, contractors, and broadcasters.
- Support Engineering Manager in developing the annual engineering operating budget and capital budget.
- Train others to use broadcast systems.
- Function as Engineer-in-Charge (“EIC”) during studio and remote productions.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AA degree in electronic, network or computer technology from an accredited technical school or equivalent experience required.
- Understanding of a broad range of computer operating systems, applications and hardware required.
- Experience planning, implementing and administering network infrastructure including managed switches, cabling and other network equipment required.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocols (e.g. HTTP, FTP, SNMP, NTP) and how TCP/IP-based services work (DNS, DHCP) required.
- Understanding of IPv4 layer 2/3 networking technology, including NAT
- Experience in broadcast television preferred.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate and maintain audio, video, broadcast electronics preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- CAD skills preferred.
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 30 pounds required.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as needed.
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background
This is a full time, regular, bargaining unit position.