KDLG-Public Radio Dillingham, AK
KDLG Public Radio in Dillingham, Alaska has an opening for a News Director.
Live and work in beautiful Bristol Bay, the sockeye salmon capital of the world. KDLG is owned by the Dillingham City School District and serves southwest Alaska communities and the village of Unalakleet on Norton Sound. Dillingham is a commercial fishing community with a population of 2500. It is accessible only by air about 300 miles SW of Anchorage. The town has a population that is fifty percent Yup'ik and is the hub for a number of Native villages in the region. The mountains lakes and rivers in the region make it one of the premier destinations for hunters, fishermen and other outdoor enthusiasts.
- Assure balanced and fair coverage of news events.
- Edit news stories and assist other staff and volunteers with news stories.
3. Attend and cover meetings and hearings when necessary.
4. Schedule newscasts and special events coverage.
6. Conduct broadcast interviews.
7. Gather, write and produce newscasts.
8. Post regular and special event news stories to stations website.
9. Supervise reporters.
We are looking for the adventurous candidate with at least two years of experience in radio journalism or equivalent work. Salary is competitive with an excellent retirement program and benefits. To apply, send a letter of interest detailing your radio news experience, resume, three audio samples of work and three references to Sam Gardner, General Manager KDLG Radio, Box 670, Dillingham, AK 99576 or email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: March 29, 2019
Pay range: $39,228 - $51,187 DOE
Includes full medical/dental plan and retirement
KDLG is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.