KEDT FM in Corpus Christi is seeking a Full-Time: PUBLIC RADIO STATION ANNOUNCER/PROGRAM HOST.
Qualifications for Position:
Candidate must have a background in broadcasting and journalism with a minimum of one year radio on-air broadcasting, board operation and production. Position requires strong writing and communications skills. Knowledge of classical music and foreign languages are a plus. EOE/AA
The Full Time Radio Announcer/ Program Host position:
· Serves as assigned primary host of programs such as All Things Considered, Morning Edition/Classical Music/All On-Air shifts/prepares local newscasts/assists with preparation of KEDT Midday Report/News series.
· Assists with other radio station operations, such as setting the Automation, Production, On-Air Promos and Station Breaks.
· Assists in all aspects of preparation for On-Air Membership campaigns, pledge drives and other fundraising functions.
· Provides on-air pledging during drives in core shift and as needed.
· Represents KEDT-FM/KVRT-FM/KEDT-TV at all station fundraising events.
· Writing and producing promotional copy for PSA’s.
Applications available at: KEDT, 3205 South Staples, Corpus Christi, Texas 78411.
Or apply online at www.kedt.org. EOE/AA