Job Title: Broadcast Engineer, RF
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This list of duties is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the functions and responsibilities performed.
Under general direction of the Director of Broadcasting, the RF Engineer is responsible for maintaining the transmitters and microwave networks that support the radio and TV broadcasting activities of Eastern New Mexico University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides exceptional customer service in all interactions with students, staff, and the general public.
- In coordination with the professional engineering, production, and operations staffs the RF Engineer assists in planning for both current and future technical needs of the Broadcast Center.
- Broadcast equipment includes analog and digital radio frequency (RF) FM and television transmitters, receivers, and antenna systems.
- Transmission equipment includes fiber optics, transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), and microwave transmitters and receivers.
- Remote control systems include micro-processor-based status, telemetry, control, and logging systems.
- Provides maintenance of all technical broadcast equipment used by the Broadcast Center to ensure the station meets all required technical standards.
- Verbally communicate and write reports of maintenance activities.
- Provide on-call service during nights and university holidays in accordance with a mutually agreed upon rotating schedule among the professional engineers..
- Keeps abreast of new technology and best practices in the field of technical broadcasting.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Associate Degree or better in electronics or related field (Electrical Engineering) or equivalent life experiences in broadcasting. Must have transmission system and RF maintenance experience, have knowledge of microprocessor-based systems, and be familiar with FCC rules and regulations. A valid New Mexico driver’s license with a good driving record is required..
Apply online at: https://www.kenw.org/. Click on "Job Opportunities" at the very bottom of our homepage.