We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our Major Gifts department to assist with fundraising and donor relations activities. The Major Gifts Administrative Assistant will value the mission of public media and will bring demonstrated experience in conducting the full range of responsibilities related to coordinating all of the details required to ensure fundraising goals are achieved.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work closely with KERA Database and Membership team to proactively manage donor records to ensure accurate tracking of all donor activities.
- Assist the Major Gifts team in creating and managing database reports that support fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
- Conduct research on prospects or donors and document this research in the database and in Microsoft office applications like Word and Excel. Create accurate and comprehensive written donor profiles.
- Produce Daily Revenue Report for Senior Management and Major Gifts Team.
- Work closely with major gifts department to ensure major donor lists and communications are current.
MAJOR GIFTS SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Major Gifts management team with preparing for donor visits and meetings by creating collateral material packets that include but are not limited to donor giving history, KERA engagement and short bio summaries.
- Enter database interaction entries on behalf of the Major Gifts team.
- Calendar management of Major Gifts department to expedite scheduling of requested meetings.
- Assist the Major Gifts team in mail fulfillment, including but not limited to creating and preparing mailing lists, preparing and executing mail merges, etc.
- Responsible for monthly renewals and six month touchpoints for all major gift donors.
- Assistance with other Major Gifts or organizational meetings/events, as required.
SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE
- Assist with preparing the VP President of Major Gifts for donor visits and meetings by creating collateral material packets that include but are not limited to donor giving history, KERA engagement and short bio summaries.
- Enter database interaction entries on behalf of the Executive Office and the Board.
- Assist with set-up, execution and breakdown of meetings for the Executive Office and/or the Board, as requested.
SPECIAL EVENTS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Major Gifts team in preparing for and managing special events, including but not limited to drafting event timelines and assisting with vendor relations and volunteer management.
- Manage the RSVP call line and the event communications process, e.g., confirmations, changes in even details, etc.
- Create and manage donor attendee profiles before an event.
- Create and organize event collateral such as event signage, programs, name tags, seating cards, place cards, etc.
- Assist with managing all travel and hospitality arrangements for talent.
- Assist with day-of event execution from beginning to end.
- Assist with following up on vendor invoices and payments. Assist with post-event reports.
- Manage master event calendar to assist with minimizing event date crossover with major competing internal and external events.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Major Gift’s in-house stock inventory, including but not limited to postage, mailing collateral, event supplies, office supplies.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends, as required.
- Assist with cross-departmental event support, as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- A high school diploma and at least 3 years of successful related experience for non-profit organizations; or a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
- Exemplary customer service and written/expressive communication skills. Confident with written, phone and face-to-face interactions with high-profile individuals.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in order to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines, and to timely execute accurate data reports that support fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and independently, with little supervision. Able to diplomatically discern work priorities, problem solve, make decisions and meet critical deadlines.
- Professional interpersonal and social skills suitable to working with wide range of stakeholders.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that involve work outside of the office. Must maintain a clean driving record.
Please provide a 1) resume; and 2) a cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also State how you found out about this position. . Submit this information as you prefer to:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 214-740-9323
- Mail to Human Resources, KERA 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75201
North Texas Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer