Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller takes responsibility for multiple aspects of financial management including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare/manage the preparation of financial reports, budgets, financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare/manage and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assist with timely completion of CPB and FCC reports and processes
- Prepare/manage regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Review/oversee the daily and monthly workflow of the accounting department and the work of the accounting staff
- Laisse with Data Management function (database) to track and report the Company’s financial position, Membership data and Major Gifts data
- Monitor compliance with GAAP financial reporting guidelines and stay informed of the most up-to-date pronouncements and regulatory changes that would impact the Company’s financial reporting processes
- Develop and document business and accounting processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls related to finance
- Interface with the audit firm, banks and credit card companies and other related entities
- Provide information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Manage the Accounting Specialist and Sr. Accountant
- Proven work experience as a Financial Controller
- A minimum of 8 years of overall combined accounting experience with at least 3 years of experience in the supervision of accounting personnel
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in a non-profit environment
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, MS Office suite and accounting software
- Extensive knowledge in the use of spreadsheets
- Experience working in a non-profit environment required
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and Insurance required for assignments/activities that may involve work outside of the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
- MBA a plus
- Proficiency in reading, writing and use of English required
- Experience with Financial Edge, Tessitura and Intacct
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time at a desk and computer; stand and walk within the office; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear; use office equipment and machinery effectively. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Travel is minimal; 10% or less. Position operates in an office environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a 1) resume and 2) cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position. Please also state how you found out about this position. Submit this information as you prefer:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 214-740-9323
Mail to: Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75201
KERA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.