Ongoing Application Review Process. Apply now!
Assists the Vice President, Public Service, in assigned special projects and management initiatives, primarily with regard to serving as Executive Director of the Friends of Public Radio Arizona, a 501(c)3 foundation that exists solely for the benefit of MCCCD's broadcast services and activities. FPRAZ operates on behalf of the Rio Salado College Division of Public Service -- a 13-million-dollar operation that operates through a memorandum of understanding between the MCCCD Board of Governors and the FPRAZ Board of Directors. Directs the work of the FPRAZ Board, including board member relationship management and recruitment, board committee support, and public-private entrepreneurial development and services. Develops policy for FPRAZ Board approval. Supervises the FPRAZ budget and oversees the FPRAZ annual audit -- a component unit of the MCCCD Audit, as required by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Manages related and interdependent projects by allocating resources, prioritizing efforts, resolving issues, and maintaining the job- related projects -- aligning goals and strategies in an integrated manner. Provides leadership and assistance on a variety of complex organizational issues, special projects, institutional strategies and new policies on behalf of the Vice President. Manages projects with campus-district-wide impact. Interfaces and collaborates with executive management and senior leadership. Provides oversight for external and internal initiatives. Conducts research, devises strategies and coordinates collaboration of assigned projects.
Additionally, serves as Director of Strategic Initiatives for the Rio Salado College Division of Public Service, conceiving, initiating, and developing new programs and services (i.e., Spot 127 Youth Media Center; Soundbite Mobile Production Unit/Food Truck; KJZZ Mexico City News Bureau; etc.) Serves on the Division of Public Service Executive Team. Provides counsel to the Vice President of the Division of Public Service and the President of Rio Salado College -- both of whom are voting members of the FPRAZ Board of Directors.
For more information including the percentage of time spent on the essential functions of the job, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communication, Business, Public Administration or a related field AND seven (7) years of experience in broadcasting, executive business leadership, or public administration.
- Excellent communication skills, as demonstrated by a cover letter to the application.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience in working with governmental and/or non-profit public media entities.
- Ability to:
- Establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the process of performing assigned duties.
- Analyze and interpret policies and procedures to formulate, develop and present recommendation to resolve problems.
- Describe ethical guidelines applicable to the position as outlined by the professional organizations, and/or Federal, State, Local laws, rules and regulations, including FCC rules and regulations.
- Senior-level broadcast station management.
- Three (3) years of experience serving as executive support to a non-profit Board of Directors.
HOW TO APPLY:
KJZZ is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
KJZZ-FM is licensed to the Maricopa Community College District. KJZZ, K-BACH, Spot 127, and Sun Sounds of Arizona form the Division of Public Service at Rio Salado College, a leader in online learning based in Tempe (Phoenix), Arizona. The Division employs more than 100 full time public media professionals.
To learn more about KJZZ, visit: http://kjzz.org/
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates