Director of Live Studio Programs & Education
Company and Culture. KMFA is an independent, community-supported all-classical public radio station known for excellent and distinctive musical programming and its commitment to the community of Austin. We value collaboration, innovation, and listening as we carry out our mission of handcrafting exceptional classical music experiences on-air, online, and in community.
Position Overview. The Director of Live Studio Programs & Education is a new position responsible for activating the public spaces of KMFA’s new building – an 18,000-square-foot facility (opening Fall 2020) with a 135-seat live music studio, interactive education gallery, and other community spaces. This position will develop and oversee musical and educational programs serving both existing and new audiences. Reports to the President & General Manager.
Essential Job Functions
• Manage day-to-day operations of the Live Music Studio and Education Gallery
• Curate and host a variety of live performances and multi-disciplinary events for adult and family audiences emphasizing the rich diversity and universal values of classical music
• Collaborate with content department to develop broadcast events in the new studio
• Establish relationships with area educators to develop ongoing K-12 programs
• Collaborate with development and marketing departments to increase revenue through grants, outside rentals, and other sources
• Advanced degree in music performance or music education
• Experience programming and producing concerts and educational events
• Knowledge of and strong relationships within Austin musical community
• Teaching and curriculum development experience
• Strong organizational and budgeting skills
• Creative and collaborative, comfortable managing ambiguity
Compensation and Benefits
Competative salary plus a comprehensive benefits plan including fully paid employee medical and dental insurance, 403(B) contribution plan, vacation, sick/personal leave and holidays.
To Apply: Open until filled. For best consideration, apply by July 15, 2019. No phone calls.
Email resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include mention of how you learned about this job opening.
KMFA-FM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.