JOB SUMMARY The Executive Assistant/Board Liaison at KNPB provides support and assistance for CEO and senior staff as well as KNPB Board of Trustees under the leadership of the President & CEO.
President and CEO
- Provides clerical and phone support for the CEO by monitoring, screening, and responding to and distributing incoming communications. Also provides any assistance to guests/clients of CEO.
- Creates, formats, prints and mails outgoing correspondence for CEO.
- Maintains filing systems for CEO including creating purchase orders and submission of CEO expenses to A/P when needed.
- Manages dispersal of any CEO trade/underwriting contracts to the appropriate staff members for processing. Creates trade packets for CEO trade contracts and mails them with affidavits that are received from Corporate Support.
- Manages and maintains schedule, appointments and travel arrangements for CEO.
- Stays abreast of community events and advises CEO.
- Informs CEO of Major Donor gifts that require thank-you letters with reports provided by Receptionist.
- Notifies CEO of staff birthdays and anniversaries. Provides cards for his signature and distributes them accordingly.
- Attends weekly Senior Managers meetings and type minutes which are then approved by CEO and distributed to senior staff.
- All Staff Meeting:
- Two weeks prior to each month’s All Staff meeting, the agenda should be discussed in the Senior Manager’s meeting. It is then formatted it and sent to CEO for approval. Upon approval, the agenda is then sent out to entire staff.
- Executive Assistant also prepares the PowerPoint with all necessary items for the staff meeting. The viewer comments, which are compiled in a spreadsheet by the Receptionist, are then put into charts for presentation.
Board of Trustees Liaison
- Provides clerical support to the Board of Trustees as requested.
- Works and communicates with a diverse group of people, including the Board of Trustees, donors, volunteers, the public and other staff.
- Executive Committee Meetings:
- Schedules and send reminders to confirm attendance of Executive committee meetings in addition to other committee meetings.
- Prepares all materials for Board Executive Committee meetings: list of outside meetings and events, copies of Senior Manager’s meetings notes, agenda and minutes.
- Other committee meeting:
- Prepares agenda for committee meetings and sends to Committee Chair and appropriate senior manager for approval. Then distributes to the rest of the committee.
- Prepares packets for attendees and any needed prep in conference room (refreshments, snacks etc.).
- Attends committee meetings and type minutes which are then sent to Chair, Senior Manager and/or CEO for approval.
- Board Meeting:
- Coordinates Board meeting by preparing agenda and sending to CEO and Board Chair for approval. Send to Board members and confirm attendance. Prepare Board member packets prior to each Board meeting ensuring that they include all materials as indicated by CEO, Board and Senior Managers.
- Set room with appropriate number of chairs, refreshments etc.
- Attends Board meeting to record the minutes and provide any needed assistance for CEO, Board and Senior Managers. Upon completion, the minutes should be approved by CEO and Board Chair and distributed with any material handed out at the meeting. They are filed along the hand-outs in a public folder as required by the FCC.
- Ensures all Board and Committee contact and affiliation lists are up to date and distribute accordingly.
- Updates Memsys with Board contact information and notify programming with Board member changes for the program guide and update the KNPB website and Outlook contacts.
- Updates and distributes term summary list to the Board Chair prior to recruitment. Prepares and distributes Board Recruitment Packets. Sets appointments and prepares all materials for orientation of all new Board members.
General and Administrative Support
- Provides backup for receptionist by greeting guests, answering phones and directing guests and calls to the appropriate individual or department. Also provides backup for preparation of daily deposit log.
- Assist with scheduling of conference room and after hours activities.
- Provides clerical support to the G&A department, and then to other departments as necessary.
- Create Silver Circle renewal letters and mail with inserts after they are approved and signed by VP of Development.