Chief Operating Officer
Koahnic Broadcast Corporation
APPLY NOW! ONGOING APPLICATION REVIEW.
Koahnic Broadcast Corporation (KBC) seeks an experienced leader, with an exceptional background in management and media operations to be their Chief Operating Officer.
The COO will be responsible for directing, administering and coordinating the activities of Koahnic, including the management of national and local programming and distribution, finances, fundraising, engineering, information systems and human resources. For more detail, please visit the full posting here.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, post graduate desirable;
- Strong operational experience: ideally has worked in a management role for 10+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading into at least five years experience in operational/administrative management;
- Knowledge of financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal environment;
- Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, budgeting, development of public media programming;
- Successful experience in fundraising;
- Development, and strategic planning; demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems;
- To manage both operational and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration;
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Koahnic;
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment;
- Ability to find clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and;
- Guiding investment in people and systems.
HOW TO APPLY
KBC is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online here.
Koahnic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
KBC is a nonprofit, Alaska Native governed and operated media center located in Anchorage, Alaska. "Koahnic" is an Athabascan word in the Ahtna dialect meaning "live air".
The mission of Koahnic Broadcast Corporation is to be the leader in bringing Native voices to Alaska and the nation.
KBC pursues its mission through operation of projects:
National Programming: a selection of radio programming produced from a Native perspective that is available for broadcast by public and tribal radio stations across the country. KBC's national program productions include National Native News, Native America Calling and Earthsongs.
KNBA 90.3 fm: the first Native radio station located in an urban market, KNBA has been on-air in Anchorage, Alaska since 1996. The programming of KNBA is designed to attract a broad listenership in south-central Alaska, with special attention given to Alaska Natives and other ethnic minorities. The programming includes a popular music format, which is both responsive to the tastes and desires of the Alaska Native population and appealing to the general population. High quality Local News & Public Affairs programming is included to inform, engage, and educate the community for a positive effect on the lives of Alaska’s largest Native village, while minimizing racism through the public discussion of issues and events which will enlighten the entire community.
Native Voice One: Koahnic has operated the NV1 (Native Voice One) service since July 2006. NV1, the Native American radio service, broadcasts the Native voice by distributing programs to more than 400 public radio stations and repeaters nationwide, and via internet radio at nv1.org. The NV1 service is for everyone interested in Native American news, culture, music, events, and life. NV1 educates, advocates, and celebrates Native American life and culture by providing a program service from a Native point of view. NV1 is the nation's primary distributor of Native-oriented radio programs produced by Native stations and producers. Through its online service, NV1 enables listeners to learn about reservation and village life.
RIVR: The RIVR (Rising Indigenous Voices Radio) is Koahnic’s youth-oriented App and online radio stream that mixes music that appeals to teens and young adults with cultural and educational content; and spotlights the voices of Alaska Native youth and young adults. Koahnic collaborates with partners to increase opportunities for Native Americans to enter the media field.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates