Rainbird Community Broadcasting, Inc., is seeking an innovative visionary for the position of General Manager. The General Manager will lead and manage KRBD through strategic planning, budget oversight, and collaboration with multiple agencies. We are looking for someone dedicated to serving interests of our community and goals of the organization; someone who has grand ideas grounded in reality and efficiency; someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
Our ideal candidate will –
- Be passionate about public media and invested in Alaska and Ketchikan.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field or equivalent experience.
- Engage, support, motivate and team-build with the staff and volunteers.
- Work to maintain and build partnerships throughout Ketchikan, Southeast Alaska and the state.
- Look to the future and innovate with technology and marketing.
- Work collaboratively with a working, hands-on Board of Directors.
- Be a dedicated, caring individual who wants to join forces with other dedicated, caring individuals.
- Build relationships with organizations and individuals throughout the community
As the General Manager of a small station in a small town, on a large island in Southeast Alaska, your duties will be many and varied. Some of these responsibilities include –
- Leading the charge for soliciting funds for KRBD, including membership pledge drives, direct mail campaigns, underwriting, grant funding, and special events fundraising.
- Maintaining FCC compliance.
- Budget development and management, including working with regional staff to implement cost saving measures and operational efficiencies.
- Innovating new services and fund raising events.
- Management of KRBD facilities including studios and office building, transmitter and associated properties.
- Administering grants and contracts with federal, state and other agencies.
- Representing KRBD to industry organizations and the public.
Email a letter telling us why you are the right candidate for KRBD to Pos1@coastalaska.org. Include your resume, references, and any other materials or links to your work you would like us to consider.