KUNC is excited to announce its partnership with the Mountain West Regional Journalism Center, a newly-created consortium of six NPR-affiliate stations that act as a network to provide in-depth, impartial and critical reporting across the Rocky Mountain region. Member stations are located in Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Utah.
We’re looking for a versatile and creative individual to cover many issues facing the Rocky Mountain Region on multiple media platforms. Issues include but are not limited to public lands, western culture, politics, the environment, and news trends in the region. A complete job description is available at kunc.org.
We prefer candidates with the following:
- Strong writing, interview, and production skills
- A public radio background, but are open to training an applicant with significant news reporting experience in print or television
- Multimedia skills (audio editing, news writing for web, photography/video, social media, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible with reporting assignments while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively, demonstrating an understanding and respect for public broadcasting in general and the diverse constituencies
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required
Please submit a completed resume, cover letter, and audio samples to Human Resources at email@example.com. For best consideration please submit your materials by October 31st. KUNC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.