KVMR Community Radio is accepting applications for Business Manager.
For over 40 years, KVMR is a community media provider serving Western Nevada County and surrounding foothill communities. KVMR's mission is to provide community members opportunities to connect through the development and production of music, news and public affairs programs that entertain, inform and educate.
The Business Manager is a key position in the organization and is responsible for the management of KVMR’s monthly account reconciliations, financial reporting, budget oversight, and coordination of annual audit, grant and regulatory reporting, and other financial aspects of the station’s business operations. Other responsibilities include contract/lease maintenance and human resources responsibilities.
KVMR is an EEO Employer.
Position description is detailed below or you may click here.
Qualified applicants may send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The position is open until filled.
Title: Accountant/Business Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Status: Non-Exempt Position
Hours: Part-time, 16-24 hours per week. Occasional additional hours during annual audit, membership drives and annual events.
Benefits: Vacation, sick and holidays
Job Purpose: Responsible for the management of KVMR’s monthly account reconciliations, financial reporting, budget oversight, coordination of annual audit, grant and regulatory reporting, and other financial aspects of the station’s business operations. Includes contract/lease maintenance and human resources responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties: (Elements of this job description will be periodically evaluated and are subject to adjustment)
- Reconciles all general ledger accounts monthly, prepares journal entries as needed
- Assists KVMR bookkeeper, as necessary, with occasional processing of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and budget variance analysis
- Assists with coordination of annual audit, including preparation of audit schedules as requested by independent auditors and participation in on-site audit
- Provides information as required by independent CPA’s to prepare KVMR’s annual 990 and other required informational returns
- Prepares annual State and local returns and informational reports, including business property statements, annual raffle report and filing, Sec of State filing, welfare exemption filing, non-resident withholding returns, etc.
- Prepares annual CPB financial report and other grant reports as necessary
- Prepares annual budget, with assistance from KVMR staff. Monitors budget v. actual performance and reports variances on a monthly basis
- Participates in implementation of KVMR’s strategic plan
- Prepares reports related to and reconciles all financial aspects of Celtic Festival, including ticket sales, artist and other payments, vendor and sponsor payments; assists with gate sales oversight, including cash and credit processing equipment and basic training of volunteers; reconciles final festival financial performance. Reviews artist and other festival contracts; coordinates financial, insurance and legal aspects with festival producer
- Oversees all aspects of human resources, including personnel policies and procedures, benefits, hiring, EEO compliance, State and Federal Regulations, etc.
- Oversees general business and group health insurance
- Other duties as assigned
- A commitment to KVMR’s mission
- Personal integrity
Education: Accounting degree required
Experience: 5-7 years related experience
Skills: Knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and principles, ability to apply knowledge. Skill in analyzing and interpreting financial data. Ability to work well with other staff in a team environment. Excellent organizational skills, ability to problem-solve, ability to manage a multi-faceted workload in a fast-paced work environment. Self-motivated. Knowledge of budget creation, maintenance, management and analysis. Good verbal and written communication. Demonstrated skill in working independently and as part of a team. Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Sage or other accounting software systems. Solid background in using Microsoft Excel required.
Information Processing: Identifies and answers General Manager/Board of Director questions regarding finances; interprets financial patterns; assists in developing policies and procedures. Performs all tasks and responsibilities in a timely manner. Available to work overtime as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
Decision Making: Researches and verifies information. Identifies potential solutions. Makes decisions that are in the best interests of KVMR; that are legal and ethical; takes responsibility.
Interpersonal Communication: Daily high level of professional interpersonal contact with employees, members, community, etc. via telephone, direct contact and written communication. Confidentiality is mandatory.