Latino USA’s Senior Producer serves a leadership function at the Futuro Media Group, supervising a team of producers and associate producers, and overseeing the editorial and production process of Latino USA. The Senior Producer works alongside the Senior Editor and Production Manager of Latino USA to form the three-part Latino USA leadership team. This is a full-time position that reports to Latino USA’s Senior Editor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the production process of Latino USA, including assigning work, managing workflow and deadlines, and show planning.
- Manage the production team, including the producers, associate producers and producer/engineer.
- Hire, train, manage, evaluate and mentor staff;
- Run regular production meetings;
- Work in tandem with Senior Editor to create programming schedule
- Provide editorial support and feedback to Senior Editor as necessary.
- Oversee tracking of show host
- Oversee programming pipeline to ensure execution of audio stories in a timely manner;
- Assist and coordinate with web, marketing and development to ensure that they have all elements needed to maintain LUSA content online and keep development abreast of relevant LUSA endeavors;
- Participate in editing of in-house and freelancer segments, including 2-ways when applicable
- Edit audio and copy as needed
- Leadership role in high-level team meetings, planning, and problem solving
- Foster a workplace that inspires each team member to grow, thrive, and think critically and creatively about issues including but not limited to: Latino community, media criticism, race, social justice, immigration, health, education, criminal justice, sports, popular culture, and music.
- Work with the Production Manager and Development Department to develop budgets and grant proposals.
- Work with FMG leadership to create a sustainable, growing, and thriving organization and develop new media products.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for National Public Radio, member stations, and partner organizations as well as other collaborators.
- Work with other FMG products (such as America by the Numbers and In The Thick ) to ensure well-integrated cross-collaboration and promotion.
- Assist senior staffers with development and implementation of online strategies;
- Lead in hiring new staff for the production department in conjunction with the production manager.
Success in the Job Will Require:
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration and effective communication across all departments
- Ability to solve problems as they arise
- Excellent journalism and storytelling instincts
- Sensitivity to reporting on untold stories, underreported communities and cutting edge storytelling
- Sensitivity to a workplace environment committed to diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Six or more years of radio reporting/producing experience
- Experience managing people or in a leadership position
- Self-starter and creative thinker
- Understanding of current trends in public, commercial, and digital media
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Exceptional skills in diplomacy
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure to meet deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of humor
- Spanish language a big plus
Cover letter stating qualifications, resume, and contact information for three (3) references must be submitted to be considered for this position. One of your references should be someone whom you directly managed so we can get a sense of your managerial style.
To apply, please send your application materials via email with the subject “Latino USA Senior Producer Position” to email@example.com.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.