Michigan Radio, the public radio station of the University of Michigan, is seeking an experienced producer for Michigan Radio’s news and interview show Stateside. We are searching for a professional producer who can handle a variety of duties in a fast-paced atmosphere.
The job duties include but are not limited to:
- Generating ideas and meeting with other production staff to develop program segments
- Developing long-term coverage ideas for the show, including series
- Researching interview topics and ideas and prepping host for in-depth interviews
- Pre-interviewing and scheduling guests for interviews
- Recording and editing interviews and other audio for broadcast
- Directing live broadcast of program
- Assisting in copywriting, promotion and outreach for program
- Writing and editing copy for on-air, website and promotional use
- Working with other producers and interns to respond to listener requests and questions
- Creating content for web and other on-air programs
- Working with other producers on live shows and events
- Other duties as assigned
The candidate must be a self-motivated, organized producer with experience in broadcast production.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field or equivalent of experience and knowledge; at least 3 years of experience producing a daily program; outstanding radio production skills are required; complete proficiency with digital audio editing is required; ability to craft a focused segment a necessity; ability to produce high-quality work on deadline and handle several projects at once; proficiency operating broadcast consoles; strong editorial judgment; and ability to work with a variety of personality types in a team environment; must be able to demonstrate experience directing a live program. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of public radio’s core values.
Familiarity with Audition, Content Depot, Newsboss, and Enco a plus.
How To Apply: Apply online at Go to www.umjobs.org and click on Keyword. Enter the following Job# 167005. Follow online application instructions.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.