The Director of Corporate Support is responsible for developing and implementing an underwriting sales plan to meet annual revenue goals. He or she manages a team of five Corporate Relations Representatives who promote and sell on-air and digital sponsorship of public radio programming, handles a select group of clients and looks for opportunities for new business development. The Director also oversees the traffic function, including inventory management, working to maximize revenue on all fronts.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an award-winning public media company that delivers news, information, analysis, arts and entertainment programming to more than 193,500 weekly listeners across the state and region, and 180,000 monthly unique visitors on the web.
We are New Hampshire’s independent and trusted source for news and information, and the state’s largest radio news service. Based in Concord, the state’s capital and political hub, NHPR’s newsroom, digital team and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015 and 2017 National Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence.
- Effectively manage and coach sales staff to achieve revenue goals. Develop sales packages, set sales goals, assign accounts, track progress and provide support and education to help ensure their success.
- Supervise the Traffic Manager and oversee traffic inventory and process.
- Handle a sales list of clients, identify new prospects, deliver presentations and develop and maintain relationships with clients to achieve sales goals.
- Collaborate with digital, development and programming staff to maximize online underwriting opportunities.
- Identify trade opportunities for projects benefiting NHPR.
- Oversee the strategy and implementation of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage sales process, reporting and client and prospect tracking.
- Collaborate with development staff to cultivate and steward corporate underwriters and sponsors.
- Work with content and operations staff to track on-air underwriting credits and ensure that they comply with FCC regulations.
- Represent the station in events around the state.
- Participate in station fundraising and sponsorship activities, including on-air fund drives, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in leading a sales team and a minimum of five years of supervisory experience required.
- Successful track record in media sales, preferably in public radio.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to network and build relationships effectively.
- Knowledge of statewide advertising industry.
- Skilled at building collaborative teams and a positive leadership style.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Commitment to training and accountability.
- Experience using CRM databases; technologically versatile.
- Knowledge of relevant FCC rules and regulations.
- Must have transportation to travel to clients within New Hampshire.
- B.A. or equivalent experience.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer
Please apply through the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org, or through this link: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs/660099.html